Key Flooding Contact Details


The Information below was  kindly provided by Cheshire East Council: 

Key Flooding Contact Details:

The following gives guidance on whom to contact about various types of flooding.

Always contact the emergency services first (999) if you or a family member is in immediate danger.

1. Flooding from a Public Sewer

United Utilities

Report sewer flooding 0345 6723 723

2. Flooding from a Burst Water Mains

United Utilities

Report a leak 0800 330033

3. Flooding from the Public Highway, drains or ordinary watercourses  

(non-main river)

Cheshire East Council

To report an incident 0300 123 5020

To report an incident out of working hours 0300 123 5025 (for use after 5pm and before 9am, including weekends.)

4. Flooding from a Main River

Environment Agency:

General enquiries: 03708 506 506 (Mon-Fri, 8am – 6pm)

Incident hotline: 0800 80 70 60 (24-hour service)

Floodline: 0345 988 1188 (24 hour service)

General enquiries email [email protected]–

Following a flood event

Please contact the following for advice after a flood event:

Council tax:

Business rates:

Emergency housing:

Flood resilience and property level protection:

Insurance advice:

Clean up advice:

Sign up to flood warnings:

Remember to report your flooding to the appropriate organisation to ensure it is correctly investigated. If in doubt of who to call, please report it to a number of organisations.

No Comments Yet.

Leave a comment